Range and Safety Rules
1. ALWAYS keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.
This is the primary rule of gun safety. A safe direction means that the gun is pointed so that even if it were to go off it would not cause injury or damage. The key to this rule is to control where the muzzle or front end of the barrel is pointed at all times. Common sense dictates the safest direction, depending on different circumstances.
2. ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
When holding a gun, rest your finger on the trigger guard or along the side of the gun. Until you are
actually ready to fire, do not touch the trigger.
3. ALWAYS keep the gun unloaded until ready to use.
Whenever you pick up a gun, immediately engage the safety device if possible, and, if the gun has a magazine, remove it before opening the action and looking into the chamber(s) which should be clear of ammunition. If you do not know how to open the action or inspect the chamber(s), leave the gun alone and get help from someone who does.
4. Keep the action open at all times, until it is your turn to shoot.
5. Never load your gun until you are on post and ready to shoot.
6. Never load more than one shell (unless directed by the Coach).
7. Keep action open and gun unloaded when moving between the gun rack and the shooting station or when moving between stations.
8. Never walk in front of another shooter when changing posts.
9. Always wear eye and hearing protection.
10. Alcohol and drugs which impair judgment shall not be consumed prior to or during shooting.
11. In the event of a weak report or misfire, keep the barrel pointing down range and a Coach will take charge of the firearm and check for any obstructions and clear any malfunctions.
12. No horse play will be tolerated.
13. Do not touch or pick up any shotgun other than your own.
14. Report any illness, incapacity or injury to the Coach.
15. Any threats, misrepresentation by innuendo or direct contact,
verbal or physical abuse, profanity or aggressive behavior by either parent or athlete may result in disciplinary actions up to and including expulsion from the team and revocation of club
Mar 19-25, 2018
USAS Spring Team Trials
April 21-22, 2018
FL Junior Olympic State Championship
Land O' Lakes, FL
May 19-20, 2018
Perazzi USA Grand Prix
June 21-29, 2018
USAS National Junior Olympic Championships Colorado Springs, CO
July 22-27, 2018
SCTP International Championships, Colorado Springs, CO
July 28 - Aug 8, 2018
USAS Fall Team Trials, Kerrville, TX
Sept 21 - 23, 2018
ACUI Western Regional/Open PTO
Colorado Springs, CO
Sept 26 - Oct 7, 2018
USAS National Championships
Colorado Springs, CO
*EVENT DATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.